In this episode of the Duct Tape Marketing Podcast, I interview Chandler Bolt. Chandler Bolt is an investor, advisor, the CEO of Self-Publishing School & SelfPublishing.com, and the author of 6 bestselling books. Self Publishing School is an INC 5000 company for the last 3 years in a row as one of the 5,000 fastest-growing private companies in the US. Chandler is also the host of the 7 Figure Principles Podcast and the Self Publishing School Podcast. Through his books, podcasts, YouTube channels, and Self-Publishing School, he’s helped thousands of people write a book that grows their income, impact, and business.
Who really needs a book? Well, the short answer is everyone. Writing a book is the best way to grow your impact, your income, and your business. And there’s something really great about doing work once and then having that work live forever. But… what do you write about? How do you even get started? And how do you publish your work?
In this episode, I spoke with Chandler Bolt — CEO and Founder of Self-Publishing School — about how to write and publish books successfully. He’s helped tons of people save 100s of hours, save $1,000s of dollars, publish books they’re proud of, and sell 1,000+ more copies in their first year.
Questions I Ask Chandler Bolt:
- [0:58] How do you answer the question I’m sure you hear all of the time: “Do I need a book?”
- [2:08] How do you get someone thinking about a book that’s going to make a difference?
- [4:47] What are the pros and cons to the self-publishing route versus the route that maybe some people are more familiar with which is going with the book publisher and being sold in bookstores?
- [5:10] How do you help people work through finding what the best option is for them?
- [10:12] What do you do when somebody comes in and says, “I know I need a book, but I’m just not a good writer”?
- [14:04] What are some of the key differences between a business audience that you’re writing for, and a fiction writer or someone who’s going to have a very much a consumer as their audience?
- [17:40] What’s your advice for how somebody should approach editing or editors in the self-publishing world?
- [20:51] What are the five foundational things that that authors need to be doing when launching a book?
More About Chandler Bolt:
More About The Duct Tape Marketing Consultant Network
Like this show? Click on over and give us a review on iTunes, please!
This episode of the Duct Tape Marketing Podcast is brought to you by Monday.com.
There are a lot of tools out there to help companies get work done. We recently switched over to a tool called Monday, and we love it. Monday is more than just a project management tool. You can use it in many ways to run your entire business, marketing, sales, task management, even recruiting, and certainly project management. Check it out yourself here.
7 Steps to Scale Your Consulting Practice Without Adding Overhead
The Duct Tape Marketing Consultant Network has helped me to grow my business by over 40% in the last 12 months. ~ Michael Quinn – Michael Quinn Agency, Fargo, ND